Information We Collect
We recognize your right to confidentiality and are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information that we collect on our Web sites to provide you with a superior shopping experience and to communicate with you about products, services, and promotions.
When you place an order, we will ask you to set up "your account," which includes your name, e-mail address and mailing address. Using your account information, we will send you order related emails, monthly newsletters and e-mails relevant to your account. If you prefer not to receive newsletters and optional e-mails from us you may opt out of receiving newsletters during the checkout process or choose to unsubscribe following the link available at the bottom of the emails received. You may also modify your account at any time by logging in and visiting http://www.bodysense.com/myaccount.asp
Your Account Responsibility
By establishing a Body Sense account, you agree that it is your responsibility:
Information Automatically Collected
- Authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your Body Sense account, User ID, and password
- Promptly inform us of any need to deactivate a password or account by emailing us at ContactUs@BodySense.com
We automatically receive and collect certain types of information whenever you visit our Web stores. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies" to obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Web sites. This information includes the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer, your browser software and operating system, your web server, the date and time you access our site, session information (such as download errors and page response times), information about your viewing, search and purchase history and information about the referring URL and the URL clickstream to, through, and from our Web sites. We use this information to monitor the usage and performance of our site, to enhance our customers' search and shopping experiences and to determine aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.
Information From Third Parties
If we receive updated account information from third parties, we may revise your account for you so that we can efficiently process your orders, deliver your packages or otherwise communicate with you. In addition, we may acquire customer names, e-mail addresses and mailing addresses for select mailings from third parties.
Other Information You Provide
We collect additional information that you choose to give us. For example, you provide information to us when you complete surveys or contest entry forms, sign up for special discounts or coupons, communicate with us by e-mail, phone or otherwise, provide product reviews, or provide alternative delivery addresses.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We protect all of your information against unauthorized access or release. We share your personal information with third parties as follows:
- Brand Manufacturers - We may develop programs with some of our brand manufacturers through which you may be offered special discounts or coupons on products in exchange for providing your e-mail address or completing a survey about the manufacturer's products. When you are offered such discounts or coupons in exchange for providing information (for example, giving your e-mail address or completing a survey), you will be notified that if you choose to participate, your name, e-mail address and responses will be shared with the brand manufacturer. No other information will be shared.
- Agents - We may enter into agreements with other companies or individuals to perform functions on our behalf. These functions may include sending promotional e-mails on our behalf to such companies' customers; serving advertisements on our behalf, analyzing data; providing marketing assistance; processing credit card or debit card payments; and fulfilling and delivering orders. These companies and individuals have access to only to information necessary to perform their functions. They are not allowed to use the information for any other purpose and are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the information. We may share non-personal, summary, or aggregate customer data with partners and other third parties.
- Business Transfers - We may buy or sell stores or assets. In such transactions, customer information is usually treated as one of the transferred business assets. Should drugstore.com, inc., or Beauty.com, Inc., or substantially all of either of their assets be sold, customer information will be one of the transferred business assets. In that event, we will post a notification on this page or send you an e-mail so that you are always aware of how your information is being used.
- As You Direct - If you direct, we will release personally identifiable information to your authorized representative, specified marketing partners, or such other person as you may direct. At the direction of the customer and to the extent specifically authorized by law, we will release such information to other persons, or specified marketing partners.
From time to time, we may partner with certain companies who, in conjunction with their membership programs or rewards programs, require that we disclose purchasing or other personal information about their members who visit our Web store (for example, to earn points for purchases made on our site through links from the partner site). We will disclose only the information required to make these programs work for you and support your membership in them. In addition, we disclose this information to such companies only if you have consented first, including consent implied by your agreement to the membership or participation rules. If you do not want us to disclose that information to the strategic partner, then you must contact the partner directly.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
When you place an order online, your personal information and credit card or debit card information are encrypted using SSL encryption technology before being sent over the Internet, We use SSL technology to prevent your information from being stolen or intercepted while being transferred to us. Your credit card information is always stored in encrypted form in a restricted-access database that is away from our Web site database so it isn't connected to the Internet, to keep it safe from hackers.
Spyware is a data collection technology that is downloaded to a consumer's personal computer which aids in gathering information about that person or organization without their knowledge. It can enter your computer as a software virus or as a result of installing a new program. It is used to gather information about your personal internet usage, monitor keyboard strokes or capture personal information for use by other parties.
Body Sense does not install any tracking software or spyware on your system, or collect personal information about you and your browsing habits. Any personally identifiable information gathered about users is with the consent of the user, and all possible uses for the data are outlined at the time the data is provided. We take the security of your personal information seriously, and work hard to maintain a safe and secure site for your use.
Unsolicited E-mail (SPAM)
Please note that all e-mail that originates from us will display the Body Sense ® logo (HTML e-mails) or contain the Body Sense copyright notice (text emails). If you receive an unsolicited e-mail that you believe is connected with us in any way, please forward the e-mail (as an enclosure) to abuse@BodySense.com
and we will investigate.
This Site is not intended or designed to attract users under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable data from any person we know to be under the age of 13 and instruct users under 13 not to send us any information to this Site.
We do not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use our Web site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Linked Web Sites
Our Web stores may contain links to and from other sites operated and maintained by separate companies. We have no responsibility for linked Web sites (including the Web sites of participants in our associate program) and provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors. The privacy policies of these sites may differ from our policy, so you should always review the privacy statement of each linked Web site you visit.
We welcome your feedback. If you have questions or comments about our privacy policies, feel free to drop us an e-mail at privacy@BodySense.com
Last updated: October 11, 2010
Copyright © 2010 BodySense LLC. All rights reserved.